In the context of the launch of the genealogical website (in the autumn of 2022), certain digitised parish registers or registers of civil status will be temporarily unavailable. We thank you for your understanding and apologize in advance for this inconvenience! In addition, we would like to point out that six months after the launch of this new website, the current inventories in the search engine (ordered by province and municipality) will be taken offline. The digitised registers can then only be consulted via the genealogical website. Concretely, this means that the current URLs will disappear. If you have made a link to these registers (in a family tree or on a website), this will have to be adapted after the launch of the website.
Most health protection measures are lifted:
- The reading room of the National Archives is accessible with or without booking. Bookings must be made exclusively using the online booking form.
- The reading room of CegeSoma is acessible upon appointment only via this online form.
- The reading rooms of all other State Archives repositories are only accessible upon appointment per e-mail, made at least 2 work days in advance and addressed to the repository in question. You can find the contact details of the State Archives repositories here.
- Wearing a face mask is no longer mandatory on State Archives premises.
- Stay informed via the Facebook page of the State Archives.
- You do not know to which service your question should be addressed? Use our contact form.