The State Archives in Antwerp-Beveren shall be closed to the public as from 29 July 2020. This (temporary) closure shall last for four weeks. An exception may be made for students who need to consult documents for urgent reasons. They can contact the State Archives in Antwerp-Beveren by mail or phone.
As from 16 June 2020, all reading rooms of the State Archives are open again for the large public, upon appointment and wearing a face mask is mandatory.
- Reservation of workspace in the reading room must be made by e-mail to the State Archives in question at least 2 workdays before the visit. You can find the contact details of our repositories here. Please consult the special preventive measures against Coronavirus/COVID-19 to best prepare your visit.
- Meanwhile, we continue to extend the online valorisation of archives and finding aids.
- In order to somewhat alleviate the effects of the long closure of our reading rooms, all scheduled repository inventorying activities for 2020 are cancelled.
- All public events, colloquia, group visits, receptions, book presentations, training sessions, etc. are cancelled until 1 September 2020.
- During the summer months, the reading rooms will continue to close between noon and 1.00 pm.
Stay up-to-date via this page or and our Facebook page.